A dynamic Service Transition Manager is now being sought by an international education and research organisation, to undertake an exciting and challenging role focussed and leading and evolving diverse application services delivered to a demanding enterprise scale user base.
As the Service Transitional Manager, you will use your commercial experience to assist the Organisation to evolve a 5-year strategy to increase automation of processes and implement a more service management focussed approach driven by a gradual transition to cloud services.
As the successful Service Transition Manager, you will take responsibility for a number application support teams providing 2nd and 3rd line support for all business-critical applications.
Service Transitional Manager headline responsibilities:
- Service strategy and planning
- Team management
- Resource planning
- Supplier and contract management
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Service definition and management
- Service release and deployment
- Financial management
Service Transitional Manager essential experience:
- A background in a technology focused or Service Management IT managed services
- Experience managing a software budget, procurement experience, contract negotiation and contract management
- Knowledge and practical experience of Service Relationship Management with multiple vendors.
- Experience holistically managing Incidents, service requests and problems, change in line with service levels
- A continuous improvement mentality
- Experience of managing teams with multiple team leaders.
- Experience of Service Ownership and Service Delivery
- A sound understanding of ITIL foundation principles
- A sound understanding of agile and/or lean principles
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Service Transitional Manager who enjoys driving change and delivering continuous improvement. The starting salary of between £60,000 - £65,000 excellent benefits, flexible working policy and personal development plans.