An experienced Test Lead is required by a leading education and research Organisation based in the West Midlands.
The Test Lead will be responsible for Quality Assuarance / Testing across the Organisation. Leading on QA strategy development and the formulation of operational plans. They will constructively challenge assumptions and traditional views, generate approaches and innovative solutions to opportunities within IT and across the Organisation and facilitate their implementation to achieve strategic change
The role will require an experienced individual to provide technical leadership in the area of Testing / Quality Assurance (QA):
- Manage the QA Engineering team of circa 10
- Define and implement the end to end strategy and architecture for manual and automated test framework
- To work as part of the Senior Management team on continually improving the performance of the department and the quality of services.
Test Lead essential knowledge:
- Highly developed knowledge of the principles, theory and practice of Quality Assuarance and Testing
- Previous team leadership and management experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Indepth knowledge of manual and automation testing solutions
- Aware of broader developments relevant to this area, so able to identify need for and make recommendations for significant changes.
Previous experience of leading a team delivering:
- Functional Testing
- Non-Funtional Testing
- Change Control
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Test Automation Strategy
- Risk Based Approach to Testing
- Test engineering
This fantastic opportunity comes with exceptional career opportunities and the chance to relly use your experience to benefit an established and well respected Organisation. A starting salary of £55,000 to £60,000 + excellent benefits are offered to the successful Quality Assurance Manager.
There is a flexible working policy, however attendance on site in Birmingham will be required to meet business needs.