An experienced Linux Administrator is now sought by a leading education and research Organisation based in the West Midlands. To undertake support and development in: Linux systems administration, Linux systems automation.
The Linux Administrator will be developing and supporting application platforms running on multi cloud, including VMware private cloud, Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. This expertise is vital for new developments and supporting the day-to-day running of a large and complex infrastructure
Essential experience required for the Unix Administrator:
- Good broad knowledge of *NIX OS support, network services, virtualisation, storage, identity and access systems, including latest technology industry trends
- Expert knowledge of virtualisation and storage infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge and experience Linux (pref Red Hat) operating systems
- Experience in managing a large Linux server estate, preferably with significant experience in centralised patch management of infrastructure
- Experience of using automation toolsets such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet or Chef.
This exciting role offers an experienced Linux Administrator a blended opportunity to work on exciting programmes of work alongside a BAU support and responsive support in a dynamic enterprise scale Organisation.
There are two roles on offer a 12-month fixed term role and a permanent opportunity. Both roles offer a starting salary of £45,000 - £50,000 + excellent benefits, this includes flexible hybrid working.