An inspirational Network Manager is now sought by a globally renowned education and research institution based in Birmingham, to take responsibility for the management of a Network and Unified Communications Operations department.
This function and the infrastructure it relies on is mission critical with over 8,500 network users, and a full suite of Unified Communications products. Supporting internal users, a broad customer base and commercial premises.
Key responsibilities of the Network Manager
- Ensure a maintained and operational Network and Unified Communications service that meets current and future need
- Monitor the performance of key strategic projects and programmes relating to the Network and UC infrastructure
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for any changes being implemented within the Network and UC infrastructure
- Combine excellent technical appreciation and team management
- Manage and influence considerable CAPEX and OPEX budgets
- Create collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders and external suppliers to successfully integrate network and telephony requirements
- Manage disparate technical teams
Essential experience of the Network Manager
- Experience of leading a network / UC function within and enterprise scale organisation
- An in depth knowledge of Networking and Unified Communications from a service and technical perspective
- Large scale project / programme/change management
- Relevant scale budget management
- Prince2 and ITIL 3 qualified
This role will suit a proven Network Manager who is looking for a leadership role that combines both team management and involvement with key technical decision making. Joining an Organisation that thrives on lead its field in the use of technology.
A basic salary of circa £60,000 + excellent benefits are offered with exceptional training and development opportunities.