An experienced Infrastructure Engineer is now sought to join a team of 3rd / 4th line infrastructure experts within a leading research an educational institution. The team support complex, large-scale architectures on-prem and cloud, virtualisation (VMware) operating systems (including Unix, Linux and Windows), server hardware (including Blade enclosures), storage area networks, network attached storage, back up and archive With an increasing appetite for / consumption of cloud based solutions (Azure)
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for ongoing management, maintenance and support of virtualisation (VMware) operating systems (including Unix, Linux and Windows), storage area networks, network attached storage, back up and archive infrastructure services. Taking responsibility for the design, development, testing and implementation of new and upgraded infrastructure to meet the changing needs of the Organisation.
Essential experience for the Infrastructure Engineer;
- Proven experience administering and troubleshooting a VMware environment.
- Proven experience administering and troubleshooting F5 Big-IP (APM & LTM)
- Good understanding of core technologies, (Active Directory, DNS, BIND DNS, IPv4, Firewalls)
- Proven experience of maintaining hardware platforms e.g. HPE c7000, HPE Synergy)
- Knowledge of core Networking Principals
Desirable skills for the Infrastructure Engineer:
- Experience of automating infrastructure (Ansible, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet)
- Understanding of UNIX based systems (RPM-based – CentOS/RHEL-based)
- Experience of administration of block based storage technologies (Dell Compellent, Dell SC, Datacore SSV)
- Experience of administration of file based storage technologies (Dell EMC Isilon)
- Good understanding of backup technologies (Veeam, CommVault)
As the successful Infrastructure Engineer you will be offered a starting salary of between £45,000 - £49,500 plus excellent benefits and the role will be for an initial period of 18 months.
Apply now for an immediate interview.