2nd Line Network Engineer
Wakefield - Hybrid
£30K + Company Benefits
My client is a leading Managed Service provider with multiple clients all across the UK in various industry sectors.
The successful 2nd Line Network Engineer will assist with escalations from the wider Service Desks and to deliver projects on site at customer locations throughout the UK. To be successful in this role you will need to be agile in managing your workload and constantly re-evaluating priorities.
You will be required to perform a variety of proactive tasks which will help maximise customer's up time and prevent reoccurring issues. Tasks will include resolving proactive monitoring alerts, deploying the latest security updates, systems maintenance and upgrading customer systems.
There is the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a support environment that promotes systems and service excellence.
- Deal with incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via e-mail
- Take ownership of incidents and manage them in a logical and methodical manner, taking responsibility for the end-to-end management of incidents in your queue and proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Deliver projects excellence by working with Project Managers to ensure all Projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Has a natural aptitude for troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Embraces continual change and process improvement
- Can express ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Plans and manages own workflow on a daily basis to ensure the achievement of KPIs
- Demonstrates a passion for customers and delivering service excellence
- Proactively keeps up to date with technologies supported by GCI
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply immediately with your most recent CV.
- Experience switching and routing, preferably including field-based
- Customer Support
- Project delivery
- Network Analysis
- Audit / Recommend / Remediate
- Traffic Measurement
- Network Design
- Vendor Best Practice
- HLD / LLD
- Network Monitoring
- Monitoring Tool sets
- Proactive Alerting