Service Operations Manager
£500 -£550 per day - INSIDE IR35
Local Government Body
My client is a local government body who requires an experienced Service Operations Manager to have direct responsibility for 2 Team Leads and approximately 20 staff. The successful Service Operations Manager will be responsible for first and second line technical support for the organisations applications and services including end-user computing, multi-function devices and specialised IT equipment.
- The Service Operation Manager should understand modern service desk best practices and be able to manage the transition of some elements of the current service to an “As A Service” model e.g. Desktop as a Service with an external supplier, in alignment with the organisations Technology Services Strategy
- Maintain and nurture collaborative relationships with other teams across the organisation and external organisations that support the delivery of the organisations services.
- Engage with business stakeholders to proactively manage and rationalise/reduce the number of desktop applications in use whilst still meeting business needs.
- Ensure effective utilisation of service management tools & reporting
- Support team members in their ongoing professional development and technical upskilling.
- This position is included in the out-of-hours TS incident management rota providing Major Incident Management to ensure services suffer from minimal disruption and are restored quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure ITIL service management practices such as IT Asset Management and Service Configuration Management are followed, and that software updates and security patches are deployed on a timely basis.
- Leading the Operational Teams to meet agreed service levels, ensuring the required quality of services are delivered in support of the organisations business operations and to continually drive improvement in the service delivered.
- Proactively monitor team productivity and address issues as they arise to ensure maximum efficiency and consistent service experiences.
- Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Service Operations Management role preferably working within a Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing Service Operations Management.
- Must demonstrate a track record of building effective teams delivering high quality Service Management that have been successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
- Familiarity with ICT related frameworks & standards for example ITIL V4, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP would be desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentational skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject. Hold ITIL accreditation or equivalent professional qualification
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply immediately.