Test Automation Architect
6- 12 Months
Hybrid / Nottingham
£500 - £550 per day
My client is a market leading Software provider with a requirement to a Test Automation Architect for a specific project of work. The role will require the successful Test Automation Architect to develop strategic plans for design, creation and execution of end-to-end automated testing capability as part of a DevOps CI/CD Pipeline within Azure DevOps. This is a brand new opportunity to shape, Assess, develop and implement test automation frameworks across the various levels of testing such as API Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, OAT & UAT.
The role requires a Test Automation Architect who can not only develop the Frameworks but who can also communicate the processes and procedures and help train and upskiull the current test team in the proceedings.
Further responsibilities will be
- Provide leadership on testing tools, languages, methodologies, processes, technologies and overall best practice with a focus on automation.
- To demonstrate best practice for test monitoring, utilising information provided by instrumentation alongside tools and techniques required to understand the behaviour of the software under test and to show the techniques available to perform efficient RCA to provide actionable insights, allowing teams to quickly resolve any issues such as bottlenecks, resource contention and failures.
- Define & build self-service test tooling to be used by Agile development teams, with services offered through APIs, User Interfaces & supported through documentation & coaching.
- Advise on resources and skillset required within the Test department as a whole and within the Agile delivery teams to align with the test automation strategy.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure & Platform team to define and design the test environments that are necessary for the various stages of testing, and to enable the delivery teams to create and self-manage their test environments.
- Design toolset and methods for the setup and teardown of test data including data anonymisation & bulk data loads, test scenario setup and validation.
- Coordinating test automation processes with the Continuous Delivery CI/CD Pipeline and Release Processes within Azure DevOps
If you are a seasoned Test Automation Architect with demonstrable experience of design and delivery of automation framework and strategy, please apply immediately.