INSIDE IR35 - £674.99 per day
Central Government Body
THE CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE SC LEVEL CLEARANCE
My client requires an experienced developer to work with the established Message Switching team to accelerate the adoption of Cloud based tooling used in the timely delivery of data to systems and customers across a variety of platforms. This role will be for an initial 6 months, with the potential to extend beyond that period.
Duties will include:
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Working with Microsoft engineers, lead a small team in developing the run model and operational processes to support the adoption of a new hybrid cloud-based data transfer solution, which is line with our mission of getting data to where is needs to be.
- Using proven industry knowledge and experience, set technical direction - making improvements to our current processes, including the telemetry and analytics from our new and existing solutions. Integrating to Azure log analytics and current logging, monitoring and alerting services where appropriate.
- Migrate a number of current data flows over to the new service, including replacing our current Cloud Transfer Service with this new system
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the area – training an OPS team, not just with the new technologies, but aligning a traditional infrastructure team with DevOPS practices and tooling
- Working with Enterprise and Solution architects, provide a pattern to catalogue our dataflows, establishing better data governance and ownership
- Support the automation and onboarding of internal and external customers onto the new systems/service - enabling self-service processes; driving automation; and improvements to such things as access control.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years’ experience of using Linux, including using tools for manipulating / transforming large bodies of data
- 3+ years’ experience of software configuration/deployment with COTS solutions and/or cloud-based technologies.
- Good understanding of big data challenges with evidence of making large data sets available via push and pull technologies.
- Strong in software engineering practices (including version control, automated testing and CI/CD tools)
- Strong Business Analysis and facilitation skills, with evidence of an organised and structured approach to work with an ability to communicate to stakeholder at all levels.
- A team player with the drive to continuously improve yourself and those around you with significant evidence of mentoring and training less experienced IT practitioners
- Experience of working in an agile environment using Scrum or other process frameworks
If you have an active security clearance and the relevant skills and experience please apply immediately as this role is quickly moving.
- Good experience with AWS and Azure cloud technologies
- Experience with cloud based ETL tooling
- Experience with Azure Monitor, log analytics and Azure Event Hub OR Elasticsearch