Digital Change Manager
£350 - £400 per day
My client is looking for a Digital Change Manager for up to 20 weeks until the end of July 2021, to establish the foundations, engagement and planning for our 5 year digital strategy based upon the work done to date, and to undertake preparatory work for effective mobilisation in August. This would be a person who engages with key stakeholders within and external to IT Services, and brings staff and stakeholders on the Digital Strategy journey through active and accelerated engagement.
This person would work with the Digital Portfolio Manager to provide a high level plan of activity for the first 12-18 month, define key milestones around change and engagement, facilitate a programme of engagement and change activity with staff, and contribute to benefit planning. This is essential to further engage IT staff and key stakeholders into the clear direction of travel and to establish a readiness to mobilise on 1st Aug with pre-requisite activity underway.
The successful Digital change Manager will have the following combined experience and personal qualities:
Skills and Experience
- A qualification in a relevant field (change management, process improvement, project management) is desirable.
- Relevant professional experience in a complex organisation.
- Experience of developing effective networks and strong relationships with academics, Professional Services and other partners.
- Strong facilitation skills, including workshops, and face-to-face.
- Outstanding writing skills, with the ability to write/prepare high quality papers, presentations, reports and briefings to Project Board and University Committee level. This includes a clear style of communication and the ability to write for different audiences.
- Highly developed research skills and experience of producing and analysing complex source material, information and data and turning these into purposeful reports that influence policy and assist decision making.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a range of projects.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills, with an ability to use a range of communication skills and strategies to gain commitment to action or change.
- Excellent IT, organisational and administrative skills.
- An ability to work simultaneously and effectively to progress several different tasks.
Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A flexible approach and attitude and a willingness to respond to changing requirements of the team.
- Demonstrates collaborative working, builds open, trusting and effective partnerships.
- A firm but diplomatic attitude with the ability to prioritise, negotiate and use one’s own judgement.
If you have the Skills and Experience to deliver the required outcomes. Please apply immediately