Digital Portfolio Manager
£400 -£450 per day
My client is looking for a Digital Portfolio Manager for up to 20 weeks until the end of July 2021, to establish the foundations, engagement and planning for their 5 year digital strategy, based upon the work done to date, and undertake preparatory work ready for effective mobilisation in August. This would be a person who engages with key stakeholders within and external to IT Services, and brings staff and stakeholders on the journey through active and accelerated engagement, and has the proven ability to write effective business cases.
This role will create a high level plan of activity for the first 12-18 month, including associated financial, business case, resourcing and recruitment plans, key milestones around change, and undertake governance and benefit planning. This is essential to further engage IT staff and key stakeholders into the clear direction of travel, plan the mobilisation and initial years of work, and will plan a key role in undertaking preparatory work in all these areas to enable a readiness to mobilise on 1st Aug with pre-requisite activity in place.
The successful Digital Portfolio Manager will have the following skills and attributes.
- Formal education to degree level or equivalent
- Considerable project management experience, with a successful track record of managing projects within timescale and budget
- Formal training in project and programme management techniques and methodology, particularly Prince2 or APMP accreditation, is highly desirable
- Training and experience of Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Membership of a professional project management body is high desirable
- Understanding and experience of higher education is highly desirable
- Considerable experience of stakeholder engagement and management including stakeholder analysis, communication, and collaboration with all levels of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills written and oral, including writing reports, preparing and presenting management information for different audiences, and presentation skills
- Experience of using facilitation techniques when working with groups
- Ability to create and coordinate complex plans for activities across multiple workstreams and priorities and to present plans for different audiences
- An ability to prioritise and to schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels within the organisation.
If you have the Skills and Experience to deliver the required outcomes. Please apply immediately