Product Owner (Permanent)Hybrid (60% in office)£45,000-£54,000Brimingham Role Summary
As a Product Owner, you will play a pivotal role in maximising the value of our transformative initiatives, aimed at delivering high-quality, personalised pathways and services.
Working closely with users and stakeholders, your primary responsibilities include identifying challenges and converting them into meaningful user stories, establishing a clear product vision, and creating roadmaps for the product team to deliver valuable features. In this role, you advocate for the adoption of productisation as a delivery mechanism for the organisation.
Ideal candidates should have significant experience in product ownership, preferably in a Scrum environment. You'll be part of a team on an Agile journey and can benefit from the peer support provided by the Product Owner Guild. Main Duties
- Continuously discover evolving user problems.
- Define and own the product vision, providing direction and focus for the Product Team and stakeholders.
- Identify and implement performance metrics to measure the product's value.
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap, adjusting it as user needs change.
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and users at all levels across the organisation.
- Manage a product backlog that supports the product's vision.
- Maintain and refine the product backlog by adding, elaborating, or removing items as needed.
- Take ownership of the backlog, making prioritisation and key decisions.
- Represent the product, team, and practice in relevant governance and decision-making groups.
- Participate in Scrum events, advocating for the needs of users and stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to deliver practical and professional solutions to challenges.
- Clear and respectful communication across all levels.
- Application of critical and holistic thinking to encountered situations.
- Evidence-driven and empathetic decision-making.
- Dedication to collaborative and inclusive work methods.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Curiosity to explore new approaches and ways of thinking.
- Confidence to take action in uncertain circumstances.
- Dedication to delivering excellence.
- Substantial experience in product ownership or closely related skills.
- Implementation of improvement activities for user and peer benefit.
- Involvement in a variety of initiatives, ranging from tactical to strategic.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics, PowerBI, or ServiceNow is advantageous.