Are you a keen Data Analyst looking for a new venture?
We are currently searching for a Data Analyst to join one of our leading clients in Coventry, on a permanent basis.
The key duties:
• Managing the reporting life-cycle, including
- Analysing, specifying & costing customer requirements for Information Services
- Building, testing & deploying solutions to customers
- Maintaining software and managing improvements
• Supporting customers in requesting and using information, including
- Understanding customer requirements for information & analysis
- Disseminating information about existing reporting & analysis
- Developing new reporting & analysis solutions
• Liaise with key stakeholders within the Business to understand and define the business requirements, taking advantage of technical advances whilst minimising business risk to arrive at optimum solutions for the business
• To be aware of Service Level Agreements and act accordinglyEssential technical skills:
• Microsoft SQL Server 2019
• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services 2012/2019
• Advanced Microsoft Excel (VBA)
• SSRS, SSIS, C#, VB.net
• Advanced TSQL (creating view, stored procedures, functions) Desired technical skills:
• Dashboard tools eg. Power BI
• Web Survey construction and results analysisThe critical activities of the job are:
• Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting
• Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
• Participate with other specialists to convert legacy reports to SSRS/Power BI
• Identifying the central and underlying issues in situations and problems
• Applying logic and system to analysing information and developing solutions
• Using initiative and pro-activity to deal with situations, acting in a resourceful and self-directed way to identify and resolve difficulties
• Being able to manage conflicting priorities and revise plans due to unexpected changes in workload
• Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports for both external and internal users
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
• Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
• Taking responsibility for making things happen, in order to deliver reporting solutions in a timely fashion
• Confident and committed approach, demonstrating clear belief in own skills and capabilities when supporting customer requests and dealing with their problems
• Effective scheduling so that deadlines and priorities are met
• Documenting programs and amendments as appropriate
• Establishing and maintaining an effective network of contacts to draw on as sources of information
• Produce web surveys using appropriate software, analysing, distributing and present results.
• Provide Microsoft Excel Training to the Business and wider Group.
• Manage the uploading of company news, documentation and policies to the company intranet.The jobholder will ideally express:
• A strong personal commitment to the team, sharing information and pooling ideas, collaborating with others to solve problems
• Initiative, taking personal responsibility for making things happen, introducing new ideas, making opportunities to push forward
• Self-confidence, approaching new developments and enhancements with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, believing in own skills and capabilities and judgement
• A clear commitment to exceeding customer requirements and delivering a high quality service. Maintaining regular contact with customers until their problems are resolved
• Ability to plan and organise time effectively, scheduling work to fit in with deadlines and balancing work priorities to meet them
• Logic and systematic thinking, analysing situations to identify causes and develop appropriate plans
• A flexible thinking style, applying concepts and principles to draw logical conclusions and recognising connections or patterns and inconsistencies or discrepancies in data
• A clear understanding of the business and how it operates, so that actions will be entirely appropriate and focused
• Ability to identify and achieve objectives seeing them through to completion
Starting salary: £30,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience, plus full Company benefits.
This position is office based, with working from home when needed.