Business Intelligence Developer
Hybrid working – 2 days in the office, 3 days remote
8 month contract
£450 per day - INSIDE IR35
Full time, 37 hours per week
My client is looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to work within the Adults Business Intelligence & Insight Team.
The postholder will analyse information that Social Care Teams record regarding the services that vulnerable adults receive. This analysis will enable our services to effectively and efficiently manage their day-to-day activity and to improve services for vulnerable people from analytical insights.
In this role, the postholder is responsible for understanding the services insight requirements, delivering analysis and presenting actionable results and recommendations to the service.
“we are looking for someone that has a mixture of skills at different levels i.e. someone with the ability to understand the business requirement and to do the scoping and write up specification , engage at all the relevant levels, undertake the technical development work, extracting data from LAS/Controcc, developing the technical spec”Main Responsibilities
- The role is to support our Transformation Programme and develop a suite of reports to cover all transformation projects and finance related projects.
- Ideally we need a person who is skilled in developing reports using Business objects and/or SQL skills. Having experience of using both ContrOCC system (Finance) and LAS (Liquid Logic) case management system is essential
- Deliver high quality and timely analysis and insight that meets service needs to inform decisions to improve service performance (e.g. process improvement, service quality, project delivery, performance management).
- Designing and preparing datasets that will enable analysis to be undertaken to meet customers information needs.
- To compile, explore, analyse and interpret data using a range of Business Intelligence tools to deliver insight that supports decision making, using analytical tools to undertake analysis.
- Develop exploratory insight to understand how services can be transformed or improved to deliver better outcomes for adults, using analytical tools to undertake analysis.
- Produce Business Intelligence products and interpret findings to deliver key messages explaining the results so that they are understood by managers.
- Present results in an engaging way for a wide range of stakeholders that allows them to understand key messages using visualisation tools and techniques.
- To prepare, coordinate and deliver statutory returns required by the Government regarding service users and families.
- Engage with local, regional and national forums to identify good practice, stay up to date with the latest thinking, research, policy and developments. Identify further networks and opportunities and engage with these where appropriate.
- Proactively horizon scan to ensure that latest technology, tools and techniques are leveraged for maximum benefit. Work with colleagues across the Business Intelligence and Insight function to maximise the use of new reporting tools and capabilities within the team.
- Act as a Business Intelligence and Insight champion, providing technical advice, information and guidance to managers and colleagues on full range of technical Business Intelligence and Insight development. Support the development of others in relation to how Business Intelligence and Insight is used across the organisation.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply immediately with your most recent CV.