Datacentre Project Manager
My client is a local authority looking to recruit a Datacentre Project Manager for 9 months to successfully manage and deliver a Data Centre Network refresh and consolidation at two locations between August 2021 and March 2022.
The successful Datacentre Project manager will have the following
- Manage and successfully deliver projects, ensuring in line with agreed standards, providing fit for purpose solutions within time, quality and budget constraints
- Successfully manage the relationships with a significant number of key stakeholders, and ensuring communication is effective and timely
- Responsible for project documentation, ensuring that it is completed to a high standard
- Identify any project risks that need escalating to IT Risk Board
- Provide expert information and advice on potential project approaches in response to customer/corporate requirements
- Work with programme and portfolio managers, other project managers, technical leads and customers to ensure dependencies on other projects are identified and managed
- Ensure projects reflect corporate strategic aims and priorities, deliver benefits and identify potential impacts for the organisation
- Provide quality assurance and monitor performance of projects, providing reports to senior management/members as required
- Carry out project reviews/health checks Person Specification: Essential
- Must have proven experience in project managing Data Centre moves , with an understanding of network and servers.
- They must be able to work flexibly, as out of hours work in evening and evenings to manage and co-ordinate escalated issues and resolutions
Prince 2 qualified
Experience of Local government highly desirable