My client a Midlands based trust requires a Clinical Coder to be based on site in Warwickshire.
The Clinical Coder will be responsible for the below.
- Translates and communicates complex coding rules both internally and externally.
- Translate relevant diagnostic and procedural details into alphanumeric codes to provide sensitive complex information.
- Liaise with clinicians regarding clinical information and regularly attends meetings at the managers request, to raise awareness of coding issues.
- Promote the clinical coding agenda with all staff members
- Liaise with clinical audit and information departments. Supplying codes and advice on diagnoses and operations.
- Liaise with ward staff when information is conflicting.
- Raise coding issues requiring resolution as appropriate.
- Deal with telephone enquiries and take appropriate action.
- Ensure involvement in induction program for Medical staffing
- Work as an integral part of the coding and information team on a daily basis.
- Requires expert knowledge of coding procedures and conventions across all specialties.
- Complex knowledge of anatomical and physiological terms surgical and diagnostic eponyms and abbreviations.
The Clinical Coder role will be an initial period of 3 months will be for an initial period of 3 months and will fall inside of IR35.