IT Manufacturing Engineer
A new opportunity has arisen with one of our clients in Barton. They are seeking for an enthusiastic IT Manufacturing Engineer to join their UK IT team in a busy manufacturing facility.
Do you have experience in a manufacturing environment, and are keen to progress your career further into the automotive industry? Are you comfortable communicating across board with stakeholders, employees and team members?
The key focus of this role is to ensure that the machinery is running. Of course, it’s a lot more complicated than it sounds, so if you believe that you can achieve the day to day responsibilities joined with the experience of the necessary tools, send your CV to Laura.Thompson@NetworkITR.co.uk
What will the day to day responsibilities be?
Necessary experience and tools:
- Support, configuration and system documentation in a highly diverse automotive production environment.
- Ensure IT systems are operational to guarantee GA Operations and assist in problem resolution on them when necessary.
- Understand processes, systems, means and products in their plants so a first level support can be provided to business applications from IT perspective.
- Understand EDI flows and technologies from IT scope to support plant in discussions with our customers and Customer IT on this regard.
- Assist Corporate IT project teams in functional analysis of industrial processes and solutions delivery, including contact with suppliers on IT solutions related to production means to be delivered into plants
- Transmit relevant information related to IT to relevant bodies within the plant and HQ
- Ensure no local IT solutions are developed or deployed without explicit approval/validation from Corporate IT, especially if they do not fulfil information security policies.
- You will be responsible for on-call requirements to match customer work schedule.
This role will require you to provide out of hours on-call support, depending on production schedule. You will be offered a starting basic salary of £35,000 - £40,000 + Company Benefits,
- Worked in a helpdesk environment
- Provide desktop and mobile phone user support
- SAP end user experience
- Cisco Networking– LAN/WAN/Wireless maintenance, router/switch
- Windows Server (2012/2016) support
- Microsoft Office 2016/365 user support
- Experience with Active Directory, GPO, DNS
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare 6)
- Experience with data cabling and physical network infrastructure
- Zebra Printer and Label Printing Experience
- Familiar with handheld scanners such as Datalogic
- Wintel server hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Learn and Support local automotive sequencing systems
- Produce/Improve and update documentation, including DR planning.