Linux Devops Engineer
£675 per day
My client is a Central government body based in the South West , currently looking for a Linux DevOps Engineer for a 9- 10 month contract
This Duties of the Linux DevOps engineer will be:
- Gaining an understanding of the broadcast graphics software and its interactions with the RHEL8 operating system
- Rebuilding packages related to the software to be compatible with RHEL8 - building, testing and releasing these packages
- Managing and co-ordinating the RHEL8 roll-out, on behalf of the Broadcast Graphics team, both with internal teams and external customers
- Providing support to broadcasters and technical support staff, particularly for the RHEL8 roll-out
- Exploiting automation to reduce maintenance overheads as part of continuous delivery
- Keeping documentation up-to-date and sharing skills, knowledge, and developments with the wider team
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Highly proficient in coding in Python, including the creation of unit and integration tests.
- Strong software engineering practices (including version control, automated testing and CI/CD tools)
- Proven expert experience of using Linux and Linux shell scripts (e.g., bash)
- A proven ability to communicate easily, enthusiastically, and professionally with colleagues and customers with evidence of an organised and structured approach to your work and the ability to work within an agile DevOps team.
- Experience of using tools such as ServiceNow and JIRA, or similar tooling.
- Possess an active SC level clearance.
If interested and possess the skills and experience required, Please apply immediately.