A Software Release Analyst is now sought by a globally recognised and respected educational and research Organisation. Working within a significant technology support and development function you will take responsibility for the release of software updates for a business critical cloud based solution that sits at the heart of the Organisation's technology landscape.
As the Software Release Analyst you will be ultimately responsible for supporting and co-ordinating the effective release of all software releases in multiple live environments. Working with, project managing and organising multiple work streams of technical and non- technical resources to ensure all software releases seamlessly enter the live production environment.
Specific systems and application training will provided however this is not about a deep technical understanding and there is plenty of managerial support available.
Due to the core activities of the role, the essential experience required for the role of Software Release Analyst;
- Commercial software / application release life-cycle experience
- Releasing software into diverse technical environments
- ITIL / Project Management certifications
- Manage release and deployment planning and process
- Create implementation plans for all change requests
- Create and establish best practice application support processes
- Service level management and assessment
- Incident management
- Have run software and application testing exercises
This role of Software Release Analyst is very much about co-ordination and project management of critical software updates and releases to a core system. A technical appreciation of IT systems and the software development lifecycle are important however the ability to organise and manage multiple projects and processes are central to the success of this role.
This role of Software Release Analyst has the potential to develop and grow into a significant role within the Organisation. Ambition and drive are essential to the success of this role.