My Local Authority client based in South West London is looking for a Digital Project Manager who can successfully hit the ground running.
The Digital team is tasked with achieving continuous improvement in the Council's digital portfolio. It sits in Digital, Partnerships and Innovation as a defined core team, leading the transformation of the Council into a digitally-able business. The Digital team is multidisciplinary and employs Agile methodology, with a default to Open Source systems. The in-house development team runs the Scrum framework categorised by the use of time-boxed development sprints which form the engine for delivery of new features to the Solas content management system.
It includes digital design experts (including User Experience and Information Architecture), digital technology experts (working on content management systems, systems design and performance), content managers, and Social Media experts. These are supported by functions in operations, governance, programme management, business analytics and finance. The team works closely with a matrix of Heads of Digital, charged with leading digital strategy and activity in regions and in the Specialist Business Units (English & Exams, Education & Society and Arts).
Key duties will include:
- To be accountable for keeping complex projects on track, on budget and on time. This is a key role within the Digital team and crucial to successful roll-out of the new platform.
- To regularly report to project stakeholders and sponsors on progress, including risk management and the critical stages of the project.
- To plan, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- To initiate, develop and maintain effective relationships and engagement with owners and stakeholders.
- The jobholder will use his/her deep knowledge of project-planning methodologies to decide the most appropriate to deploy against specific projects.
- To project-manage large, web-based content management systems with software and editorial teams based around the world.
- The jobholder will use/his her excellent knowledge of the software development life-cycle to manage projects to deadline and in line with global editorial requirements.
- To manage large, complex cross functional projects and tracking of dependencies as appropriate.
- To be responsible for updating project plans, risk and issue logs and sprint backlogs.
This role is initially for 3 months with a view to extend just depending on the business needs.
My client is offering £350.00 Per Day , INSIDE IR35.
If you or know anyone who would be interested, please get in contact and send CV's to email@example.com or call Remy on 0121 230 9100.