Information Governance Lead and Data Protection Officer
£500 - £550 Day Rate (In Scope of IR35)
We are currently working with a leading public sector organisation in London. They currently have an exciting requirement for an experienced Information Governance Lead and Data Protection Officer to lead their team.
The Information Governance Lead and Data Protection Officer will be responsible for:
• Overall management of the use of all types of information, structured and unstructured to support decision-making and business processes.
• Ensuring stakeholder confidence that risk to the integrity of information in storage and transit is managed pragmatically, appropriately and in a cost-effective manner.
• Ensuring that the organization meets its obligations under the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Signing off the data protection input and advice into the organization's policy framework, data protection breach handling, data protection complaints (including SAR internal reviews) data protection/privacy impact assessments, staff training and internal audits.
• Ensuring the organization's IT systems and procedures comply with all relevant data privacy and protection law, regulation, and policy (including in relation to the retention and destruction of data).
The successful Information Governance Lead and Data Protection Officer must possess:
• Experience in a Head of Information or similar leadership role
• A background in data protection and GDPR is essential
• Hold at least one Data Protection and/or Privacy certification, such as CIPP, CIPT, ISEB, etc.
• experience within a compliance, legal, audit and/or risk function, with recent experience in privacy compliance
• The ability to liaise with various stakeholders in the business
• A public sector background would be ideal (central government, local authorities, NHS)
Please note, as this role is in scope of IR35 the successful Information Governance Lead and Data Protection Officer will be required to work via an umbrella company.
If this is of interest, please APPLY or give Bridget a call on 0121 230 9111.