IT Applications Manager – Buckinghamshire
6 Months Contract – Circa £450 Day Rate (Inside IR35)
We are currently working with a leading organisation who have a great new opportunity for an Application Delivery Manager to lead their applications team.
The IT Applications Manager will be responsible for:
• Ensuring effective management and optimisation of the business' applications portfolio.
• Working with the Head of Infrastructure and Hosting and the Chief Operations Officer to ensure application availability is in line with SLAs.
• Working with business application owners to actively manage application roadmaps including the evaluation of opportunities for transition to cloud hosting where desirable and commercially beneficial.
• Supporting the CTO and Director of Technology Services with insight and data to support and inform BCCs over-arching technology strategy.
• Working with BU teams to ensure business processes are properly mapped, owned and documented as a basis for application configuration.
• Ensuring all applications have an agreed maintenance plan with agreed maintenance windows.
• Maintaining a holistic view of BCCs application portfolio in order to identify opportunities for functional consolidation or application rationalisation/reduction.
• Ensuring current and effective DR plans exist for all applications.
The successful IT Applications Manager must have a background in more operational management as oppose to project manager:
• Experience in leading applications teams and designing application strategies
• Experience in managing an applications suites with an understanding of underlying technologies (e.g.
• Ability to design and manage integration solutions with a view to moving to a central platform/IPaaS.
• IT related degree or equivalent experience
• ITIL V3 Foundation/ Prince 2
Please note, as this role is in scope of IR35 you will be required to work via an umbrella company.