Information Security Manager
£320 per day – Outside IR35
My Local authority client is currently looking to recruit an information Security Manager for a short term contract.
The role will be responsible for information security management for the Local authority. Management of audits on information security processes, controls and systems in order to maintain ISO27001, PCI and PSN certification.
The Information security manager will lead the council in setting and maintaining good IT information security practice, while coordinating closely with the Enterprise Security Architect to ensure technology and processes support the overall security posture of the council.
• To develop and maintain the information technology security policies and accompanying standards, procedures and guidelines, including attendance at any boards, or governance/working groups for operating and maintaining security controls and as required throughout the council.
• To develop and deliver a programme of planned compliance reviews and work with the IT team and Enterprise Security Architect to ensure that any gaps are addressed whilst developing and documenting procedures.
• To promote security awareness through developing and implementing a security awareness and training programme, including annual refreshers for all IT staff and wider, where applicable.
• To investigate potential and validated security incidents in accordance with the security incident management process, developing reports and recommendations that will assist with execution and traceability of required remedial actions.
To be considered for the role of Information Security manager , you will have the following skills and experience.
• Experience of working with IT Security baselines ISO/IEC 270001 or higher
• Experience of working in a regulated and/or financial industry Desirable Qualifications
• CoBiT and ITIL control frameworks
• Experience with managing and auditing PCI and / or PSN compliance Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good working knowledge of information security including ISO27001 Information Security Management Standard
If you are available with the skills required, please apply immediately