An opportunity has arisen for a Project Planner to work within a global research institution based in the centre of Birmingham.
As the Project Planner you will be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of best practice project and resource planning standards
- Defining, developing and implementing project planning standards and approach, ensuring programme and project planning capability maturity is developed across the programme.
- Maintain and update resource plans, advising on resource clashes and shortcomings.
- Documenting risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies.
- Ensuring appropriate quality review activities are undertaken against programme and project plans
- Identifying and reporting deviations from approved plans and ensure that exception reports are triggered where appropriate
- Developing best practice guidance on project planning, resource management and estimation techniques
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in respect of equality and diversity and data protection
The successful Project Planner must have:
- Demonstrable project/ resource planning experience within technical IT projects
- Proven experience in managing projects from inception to successful implementation
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven internal and external stakeholder management
The Project Planner will be offered a starting salary of between £40,000 and £50,000
If interested please Apply or contact us on 0121 230 9111.