Application Support Team Leader - Birmingham £49,000 + Excellent work life benefits
My Client is a world leading Education provider based in the heart of Birmingham with a current requirement to recruit an Application Support Team Leader to join and lead its successful application support team.
The Application Support Team lead will manage a team of analysts in providing support to non-windows based applications.
This is a technical hands on role with line management of a small autonomous team. The successful candidate will have an application support/operations background ideally with HR or Finance systems, and knowledge of middleware.
An application Support team Lead with skills in one or more the following area would be highly desirable:
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, experience or attributes.
• A continuous improvement mentality
• Experience of managing a team.
• Experience of Service Ownership
• A sound understanding of ITIL foundation principles
• Experience managing Incidents, service requests and problems in line with service levels
• A broad range of troubleshooting skills in software functionality, application server, database, data analysis, reporting and/or middleware.
• Knowledge and understanding of SQL.
• Knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, SQL trace and IIS
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux server Operating systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder communication skills.
• Excellent support troubleshooting and fault resolution, including escalation to third parties, as and when needed.
• Self-motivated with the ability to initiate and complete tasks to deadlines
If you are currently working as in a similar role or striving for your next promotion and feel that this is the right opportunity, Please apply immediately