A Network Engineer Team Leader is sought by a leading specialist services Organisation, joining central IT within the Head Office. The role combines hands - on 3rd line technical support and team leading, supporting critical business systems and networks. Managing a field team who are responsible for both site networks and end user devices.
The Network Engineer Team Leader will be responsible for the designing, installation, support, maintenance and development of the network including telephony, security and site operations.
The Network Engineer Team Leader role requires someone with experience and strong knowledge of
- 3rd Line Cisco network knowledge – min CCNA level
- Optimum delivery of network and voice services Inc DR, resiliency design/testing
- Creating a detailed roadmap for the network
- Performance, capacity monitoring and event management of infrastructure components
- Implementing and maintaining VPN infrastructures, proprietary tools security requirements
Managing the team the Network Engineer Team Leader will conduct performance appraisals as assigned. Provide measurable feedback to staff and suggestions for improved performance. While working alongside Technical Architect and Service Management functions to plan and deliver the strategic roadmap for the IT Technical Services Delivery function. Developing business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for technical services spending.
Demonstrating added value to fault resolution and configuration enhancements.
Salary is up to £45000 (depending on experience)