Senior Project Manager – Birmingham – Up to £58,000 + Excellent benefits
Our Client is a Midlands based leading global research and educational institution and are currently looking to appoint a talented and experienced Senior Project Manager to join a major and highly complex software implementation Programme.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the successful appointee will lead, develop and manage the large scale change across Professional Services and the colleges. In conjunction with senior colleagues, the Senior Project Manager will also play a role in engagement, development, and implementation of the project as a whole. With direct line-management of the Workstream Leads, the post holder will be fully conversant with the organisations priorities and ensure that the approaches used in the transformation programme are consistent with those being developed more broadly across the University.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for delivering and/or quality assuring the programme as defined and agreed by the Senior Management Team, including:
-Take full project responsibility for 2 workstreams and all associated project teams.
-To successfully deliver the full implementation of the programme from initiation to deployment.
- To work collaboratively with Workstream Leads to develop detailed plans such as, defining project tasks and resource requirements, along with scheduling timelines and deadlines.
- To work closely with Workstream Leads to develop structures for the effective management and administration of the implementation of the programme across the business (e.g. identification, solution, costing, milestones, and delivery)
- To manage all workstreams, and aspects of multiple related projects, to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of implementing the programme.
To be considered for the role of Senior Project Manager , you will have the following skills and experience:
- Considerable project management experience, with a successful track record of managing projects within timescale and budget
- Formal training in project management techniques and methodology, particularly PRINCE2 or APMP accreditation, is highly desirable.
- Training and experience of Agile methodologies is highly desirable.
- Membership of a professional project management body is high desirable.
- Significant experience of working in Higher Education.
- Significant experience of working in complex organisations and successfully working across matrix management structures;
- Significant experience in engaging, and collaborating, with external stakeholders;
- Knowledge and significant expertise in strategic planning and translating strategy into operational plans with measurable outcomes;
- Understanding of the student lifecycle (i.e. admission; registration; learning; assessment; progression; award; graduation), and an ability to grasp quickly the challenges presented to these stakeholders by the programme;
If interested in working on this large , complex and challenging programme, Please apply immediately by sending your CV and covering letter.