Project Manager – Birmingham - £48,000 + Excellent benefits package
Our Client is seeking to appoint a talented and experienced Project Manager to join their Project Office based near to Edgbaston. Based in IT Services, the Project Office delivers strategic and complex IT and non-IT projects. The team acts as a central resource providing professional project management, process mapping expertise, and support to project managers across the Client's site in the delivery of their projects.
As part of the team, the successful Project Manager will be an integral part of the Project Office and will be responsible for the project management of complex projects to deliver new services to meet the objectives for the Client's Strategic Framework and local strategic plans.
The Project Manager will successfully manage:
• The planning and delivery of projects
• Milestones, budgets, and stakeholder engagement
• and provide comprehensive management reports to both the Project Board and appropriate Executive Boards.
The Project manager must have proven of experience of:
• Successful project management of large software implementation or upgrade projects.
• They must have significant experience of managing and delivering projects on time and to budget and working with key stakeholders within a complex, multi-faceted organisation
• Using their initiative to rapidly drive forward activity; taking decisions where appropriate; addressing barriers and making things happen across a range of complex deliverables
• Experience of working in the higher education sector would be advantageous
• Educated to degree level or equivalent or have experience in a project management role with formal training in project management techniques and methodologies such as Prince2, APMP, or Agile being highly desirable.
• Exposure to ITIL service management will also be an advantage.
• Be a good team worker with excellent interpersonal skills, with strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills at all levels.
• Have experience of process mapping and facilitation techniques are also desirable.
• Have strong skills in the use of desktop systems, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, diary/calendar software and diagramming packages.
If you would like to be considered for this Project Manager opportunity please apply immediately.