As a Java Developer, you'll be responsible for developing high quality solutions which impact the lives of users worldwide. You'll work as part of a team, reporting to the Solution Architect in a fast-paced environment. You'll also be learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow. Creating bespoke solutions for public and private organisations globally and building innovative software platforms.
As the Java Developer you'll be based from home reporting and visiting our central office. Visiting four sites within the UK weekly.
Essential requirement for Java Developer:
• Experience within the following; Java, C#, Node.js or Python
• Expertise in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
• Technical leadership of teams building and testing modern, scalable, secure, performant applications in line with software development principles, practices and patterns e.g. XP, TDD.
• Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation.
• Expertise in software design and development across all layers of an application Experience of mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community
• Experience with the latest Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
Desirable advantages for the Java Developer:
• Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people
• Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate.
• Experience of debugging and troubleshooting live applications
• Experience of multiple programming languages and data storage technologies
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings
Benefits for the Java Developer include; Flexible working, mentoring/career coaching, Award winning training and development through our training academy. Funded skills including Golf lessons, language lessons and drone flying. Paid memberships or subscriptions e.g ‘The institute of engineering and technology. Financial assistance, friends and family benefits, health and well being benefits, social events and lots more.