Front End Developer
6 Months Initial Contract
£450 per day (Inside IR35)
We are currently working on a new exciting new opportunity on behalf of our client who are seeking experienced Front End Developer to join their Service Design Team.
The Front End Developer will be responsible for:
• Working on a project to improve and replace the organisation's existing website.
• Working within the Service Design Team to ensure that the organisation meets its obligations under the EU Directive to make public body websites and apps accessible.
• Responsible for managing accessibility improvement work by both our inhouse Technical Team as well as third party providers
• Ensuring that code across their web estate meets the necessary standards and every site must be WCAG 2.1 AA compliant.
• Responsible for code checking tools including SiteImprove.
• Follow the GDS standards and liaising with other member of the team including Content Design, User Research, Web Analytics, Product and Delivery Management.
The successful Front End Developer must possess:
• Strong Front-End/ Web Development experience
• Expert user of SiteImprove and WCAG 2.0/2.1 experience
• Relevant professional or academic qualifications e.g. computer science, web development and/or electronic service delivery technologies.
• demonstration of significant experience in leading the development and implementation of Content Management Systems and a range of electronic service
If this is of interest, please APPLY – if successful, you will be contacted in the next few working days.