We are currently looking for a hands-on QA Tester to join a fast-growing IT provider based in the West Midlands.
The QA Engineer will work closely with Product, Development, Network Operations, Service Desk as well as other QA engineers, touching all points of the Software Development Lifecycle to deliver quality and innovative products to the customers.
Your day to day work will be :
- Complete testing of new code changes as per the defined policies and processes
- Produce test documentation (test plans and test scripts) to agreed standards.
- When necessary, provide assistance to service desk in investigating issues raised by customers.
- Report on defects and manage them through to successful resolution.
- Liaise with the development manager, QA Lead and developers on testing progress and provide early notice of any risks and issues.
- Responsible for updating and managing cases in our proprietary ticketing system.
- Provide input on development of QA policies and processes.
- Provide input on adoption of industry standard testing styles and tools.
- Ensuring all test scripts/web pages and processes used for testing are documented and available for all to use.
- Assist in writing handover/users guide documentation to be used as part or roll out process.
- Assist in providing training collateral for internal staff on how to use new products and features – in particular the service desk.
- Run tests and fix bugs. Perform fault diagnosis and issue investigations when faults and issues are reported.
To be successful, the QA Engineer must have:
- Experience working within a Software development environment, ideally focused on Telecoms / Cloud Based applications.
- Will collaborate across numerous teams in order to create and continuously improve testing and release process and standards with internal and external parties.
- Experience in QA automation tools and BDD (Behaviour driven development)
- Continuality contribute to improving productivity by, but not limited to:
o Creating test documentation, enabling repeatable tests
o Creation of test scripts
o Test documentation policy and process
If this role is of interest, please APPLY or get in touch with Léa on 0121 809 7029 or email@example.com